Molecular Biology of the Cell 6E - The Problems Book
- John Wilson, Tim Hunt
- Publication Date:
- November 21, 2014
- Content Details:
- 984 pages | 746 illustrations
Also of Interest
The Problems Book helps students appreciate the ways in which experiments and simple calculations can lead to an understanding of how cells work by introducing the experimental foundation of cell and molecular biology. Each chapter reviews key terms, tests for understanding basic concepts, and poses research-based problems. The Problems Book has been designed to correspond with the first twenty chapters of Molecular Biology of the Cell, Sixth Edition.
- NEW Illustrations are now in color.
- NEW Contains two new features for students preparing for careers in medicine:
- MCAT-STYLE problems give students practice at solving challenging biological problems contained in standardized medical school entrance examinations.
- MEDICAL LINKS sections contain problems of particular interest to health science students.
- Data Handling problems provide students the opportunity to interpret real scientific data and draw conclusions from them.
- Includes the solutions to the end-of-chapter problems in the textbook Molecular Biology of the Cell, Sixth Edition.
- Contains over 1,800 problems and their solutions.
- The problems are organized into the following categories:
• Terms to Learn
• Data Handling
• Medical Links
• Thought Problems
• MCAT-Style Problems
"This (The Problems Book) is an extremely useful resource for students keen to consolidate their learning and get practice in applying their knowledge to solving biological problems and perhaps also for lecturers seeking inspiration for exam questions."
- British Society for Developmental Biology Newsletter, Summer 2008, Vol. 29, No. 1
1. Cells and Genomes
2. Cell Chemistry and Bioenergetics
4. DNA, Chromosomes, and Genomes
5. DNA Replication, Repair and Recombination
6. How Cells Read the Genome: From DNA to Protein
7. Control of Gene Expression
8. Analyzing Cells, Molecules, and Systems– NEW TO THIS EDITION
9. Visualizing Cells
10. Membrane Structure
11. Membrane Transport of Small Molecules and the Electrical Properties of Membranes
12. Intracellular Compartments and Protein Sorting
13. Intracellular Membrane Traffic
14. Energy Conversion: Mitochondria and Chloroplasts
15. Cell Signaling
16. The Cytoskeleton
17. The Cell Cycle
18. Cell Death
19. Cell Junctions and the Extracellular Matrix – NEW TO THIS EDITION
E-Books and Custom Publishing
GARLAND SCIENCE CUSTOM PUBLISHING
Garland Science Custom Publishing gives educators the ability to create their own course materials for use in the classroom-in e-book and/or print format. Faculty have complete control over what is added and may add chapters from Garland Science textbooks, web articles and blog postings, and self-authors content in PDF or Word format. Our site provides real-time copyright clearance, the ability to see a running total price as you build your book, and a cost savings for students.
For more information visit http://www.garland.sharedbook.com.