Environmental Plant Physiology
- Neil Willey
- Publication Date:
- January 22, 2016
- Content Details:
- 320 pages | 100 illustrations
Also of Interest
Environmental Plant Physiology focuses on the physiology of plant-environment interactions, revealing plants as the key terrestrial intersection of the biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere and geosphere. It provides a contemporary understanding of the topic by focusing on some of humankind's fundamental biological, agricultural and environmental challenges. Its chapters identify thirteen key environmental variables, grouping them into resources, stressors and pollutants, and leading the reader through how they challenge plants and how plants respond at molecular, physiological, whole plant and ecological levels. The importance of taking account of spatial and temporal dimensions of environmental change in order to understand plant function is emphasised. The book uses a mixture of ecological, environmental and agricultural examples throughout in order to provide a holistic view of the topic suitable for a contemporary student audience. Each chapter uses a novel stress response hierarchy to integrate plant responses across spatial and temporal scales in an easily digestible framework.
- • Matrix figure for each topic showing the interactions with other environmental variables.
• The importance of each topic is described within the context of environmental change and food security.
• Text boxes provoke interest and enable students to engage with fundamentals and assess their understanding.
• Over 300 figures.
• Further reading divided by topic.
• Online species compendium with colour photographs and descriptions of key species discussed in the text.
• Multiple choice questions available online.
• Audio lectures by the author available online.
1. Contexts, Perspectives, and Principles
3. Carbon Dioxide
7. Essential and Beneficial Elements
10. Soil pH
12. Inorganic Toxins
13. Organic Toxins
14. Air Pollutants
15. Synopsis and Outlook
The Art of Environmental Plant Physiology
The images from the book are available in two convenient formats: PowerPoint® and JPEG.
Glossary / flashcards
Multiple Choice Questions
Species Image Compendium
E-Books and Custom Pub
AMAZON KINDLE PRINT REPLICA
Purchase in US ($) dollars
Purchase in UK (£) pounds
Purchase in Euros (€)
Purchase or rent in US ($) dollars
Purchase individual chapters in US ($) dollars
Purchase or rent in UK (£) pounds
Purchase in North America
Purchase in North America
E-Books and Custom Publishing
Garland Science Custom Publishing gives educators the ability to create their own course materials for use in the classroom-in e-book and/or print format. Faculty have complete control over what is added and may add chapters from Garland Science textbooks, web articles and blog postings, and self-authors content in PDF or Word format. Our site provides real-time copyright clearance, the ability to see a running total price as you build your book, and a cost savings for students.
For more information visit http://www.garland.sharedbook.com.