- Thomas Montville, Karl Matthews, Kalmia Kniel
- Publication Date:
- June 09, 2012
- Content Details:
- 570 pages
Also of Interest
This textbook presents authoritative coverage in a format designed to facilitate teaching and learning.
• Encourages students to venture beyond memorization and think critically to gain a broader conceptual understanding of food microbiology and acquire the understanding and skills necessary to ensure the safety of tomorrow's food supply.
• Introduces the genetics and molecular mechanisms important for the understanding of foodborne microbes.
• Includes expert perspectives on parasites, viruses and prions, and non-thermal processes.
• Incorporates instructors' input to further clarify complex topics in the field of food microbiology.
• Presents explicit learning goals to focus students on the core principles of food microbiology.
This title is published by the American Society of Microbiology Press and distributed by Taylor and Francis in rest of world territories.